If you want to start SUP paddle boarding, the first thing you need is to find a perfect board fit for your requirements. The best board can be defined as the one where you can watch amazing sights without worrying about the stability or durability of the board.
Stand-Up paddle boarding is a combination of kayaking and surfing, which requires good balancing skills on the part of the rider. In order to provide the best board for you, we have gone through some of the best models available on the market. These stand-up paddle board reviews in this article will help you to find the best board so that you can enjoy activities such as yoga, touring, fishing, and so on.
This package contains a SUP board, deck pad, adjustable paddle, 11’ High-End leash, and a storage bag. The dimensions of the board stand at 11’x31”x5.1” and it weighs about 26 lbs. This board is manufactured using Greco Surf Respired technology, which provides the required strength and durability. It comes with an inbuilt rail saver and key compartments for the fins. The rounded edges of the board provide safety from abrasions and cuts while boarding. The adjustable paddle provided with this board is made of a durable nylon/fiberglass, which gives it the required rigidity and thrust. The 11’ Ark Package SUP Foam Soft Performance Stand up Paddle Carbon Fiber, Day Board Bag & Deck Pad By Greco Surf is currently available at a discounted price of $799.99.
- The board contains a volume of up to 196.4 liters.
- Adaptable paddle with adjustments ranging from 67 to 85 inches.
- The Three-fin setup includes two 4” thruster fins and a 9” fin.
- The deck pad is manufactured using EVA foam that provides the required traction and comfort.
- Board is manufactured using a 6 oz. top and bottom made from an epoxy core.
- Some of the people who bought this package feel that the adjustment system of the paddle is not appropriate as it leaves open gaps in the paddle.
This board is perfect for beginners. The board comes with a soft surface and rounded edges which make it easy on the skin while learning the art of SUP paddle boarding.
This Lahui Kai Pro Elite standup board by Surftech is a high performance race board which can also be used as an all-round lake cruiser. This Jamie Mitchel designed SUP board is fast, stable, and very lightweight. Due to its weight, it is very easy to carry using a shoulder strap or by using the inbuilt handle. Apart from being used in lakes and for light surfing, this board is perfect for performing in windy conditions. The dimensions of this board stands at 12’x27”x6” and has volume of approximately 250 liters. This board is manufactured using a Fuse Cell waterproof core. The internal layer of the core is made up of a natural renewable cellulose fiber composite which is further covered with an exterior fiberglass lamination. The outer covering of the board is hand crafted.
- Jamie Mitchell design.
- Fitted with single fin.
- Manufactured using a Pro Elite construction.
- Biaxial/carbon bottom.
- Epoxy/fiberglass, high density foam.
- The top of the board is covered with a traction pad.
- This board is not suitable for beginners or people who do not have the necessary SUP paddle boarding experience.
This board is quite resilient and manufactured using a quality design which makes it perfect for those people who like to participate in paddle board racing.
The whole package comes with a single inflatable SUP board, adjustable kayak style seat, high-pressure hand pump, anemometer valve, backpack for storage, and a wrench. The Airhead AHSUP-1 Stand Up Paddleboard is manufactured using a drop stitch construction, which allows a higher air pressure of 15psi, used for inflating the board. This paddle board measures 10ft. 6 inches in length and 30 inches in width.
The deck of this board is covered with an anti-skid EVA pad, which provides the required traction. You can also use this board with the adjustable kayak seat provided in the package for kayaking. This board comes with four attached D rings in the front of the board for easy storage. The backpack included in the package can be used for storing and carrying the board along with all the accessories. The Airhead AHSUP-1 Stand Up Paddleboard package is currently available at a discounted price of $684.19.
- SUP board manufactured using an extra rigid drop stitch construction.
- Maximum weight bearing capacity of 225 lbs.
- Anti-skid EVA pad for traction on the board.
- Board comes with an inbuilt handle and three removable fins for precise maneuvering.
- Backpack with mesh panels for storage/carrying board and accessories.
- Some of the people who used this board feel that inflating the board with the hand pump provided in the package can be inconvenient.
This board is very stable and can be used for doing yoga exercises. With its current discounted price, this package is suitable for persons with a limited budget.
This plastic base SUP paddle board is designed to be very versatile and can be used for racing, touring, and other recreational purposes. The board is designed with a plum bow and an efficient hull design so it can glide smoothly on any type of water surface. The deck is covered with an EVA pad to provide the required traction. This board is manufactured using a high quality polyethylene and is available in three colors. The dimensions of this board stand at 11’ x 30” x 8”. The Imagine Surf FIT SUP Stand Up Paddleboard is currently available at a price of $699.99.
- Manufactured using a molded polyethylene hull.
- Full anti-skid EVA deck pad for the required traction.
- Front deck bungee cords for storing gear.
- Fitted with side and tail carry handles.
- Maximum weight bearing capacity of 280 lbs.
- The weight of 56 lbs makes this board a bit heavy to carry from one place to another.
With its extra weight bearing capacity and plastic based construction, this board is suitable for all types of activities and fairly resistant to damages and other hazards associated with surf boarding.
All of the models reviewed above are top-selling models and you can opt for any of these SUP paddle boards for recreational paddle boarding and other activities associated with this water sport.
This article has tried to balance the different types of SUP boards by providing their unique features and current prices to help you select a board that fits your budget and has all the features you require. As the costs are all similar, they don’t play a huge factor in determining the best option, but overall the Airhead wins out because it’s the easiest to use for all skill levels, and the only real issue arises with the inflation process, not with the board itself.
The Imagine Surf model comes in at second place because it has a much better weight limit for larger riders, although it does weigh a bit more itself.
The Greco Surf model brings up the rear because it costs a bit more than options that perform just as well for lower prices.