Once you get involved with stand up paddle boarding, chances are that you will find yourself hooked to this sport forever. After going through the initial training, you are likely to opt for the best paddle board which can provide you with the ultimate standup paddle boarding experience. In this article, we will discuss some of the best paddle boards available on the market. Before buying any of the various models, you must first decide whether you want to have a solid or an inflatable SUP board and the appropriate size of the board as per your requirements.
The usual boards used for this activity come with the minimum size limit of nine feet and can go beyond twelve feet in length. The solid SUP boards are manufactured using glass reinforced plastic as an exterior and a core made up of polyurethane. Due to their large size it is quite difficult to store these boards when they are not in use. As their price ranges from six hundred to fifteen hundred dollars, you cannot just store them inside your garage or another storage room with all your other items.
If you are living in a restricted space then storing these huge boards can be quite challenging. Even carrying these solid boards in your car can be a bit difficult. In this situation you can opt for the inflatable SUP paddle boards which are manufactured using a high grade PVC and are quite easy to store or carry. Some of the top-selling solid and inflatable SUP boards are discussed here which are quite suitable for beginners to participate in surfing, yoga, touring, and fishing.
This paddle board set contains a 10’X 6” SUP board with adjustable paddle, surf leash, roof shield, padded roof racks, and neoprene padded ankle strap. As the package contains all the items required for transportation, you can immediately load this board on your car and leave for your favorite destination. This board is custom designed and molded in laminated wood stringers which are waterproofed with a coating of resin. This board is heat laminated with a high density Expanded Polystyrene (EPS), which contains a high density polyethylene bottom. The deck of the board has a nylon leash plug, a molded nylon SUP handle, and finger grooves. The Keeper Sports Stand Up Paddle Board Set is currently available at a discounted price of $499.99.
- Manufactured using a high density Expanded Polystyrene.
- One-hundred-percent waterproofed core.
- Laminated wood stingers molded into the board.
- Fitted with a single fin.
- High-density polyethylene bottom.
- Adjustable paddle.
- Some of the people who reviewed this board had some issues with the smoothness of the deck, which make it more slippery than required.
This board is a good buy at the current discounted price and is fairly appropriate for beginners and seasoned veterans who have limited budget options. The EPS used for manufacturing this board makes it very lightweight and easy to carry along.
If you are looking for a foldable and affordable SUP board, then the Solstice Bali Stand-Up Paddleboard is a good choice for you. This paddle board comes with dimensions of 10’x 8”. The package contains a carry bag, pump, and gauge. This board comes fitted with three fins, where two are fixed and one is removable. As the pump to inflate the board is provided in the package, you do not have to buy one.
Once the board is inflated it has a maximum weight of 250 lbs. which makes it difficult to carry. This board has four rings attached to the front which allows the surfer to tie down any personal belongings. There is one ring at the end of the board which is used for a leash. This board must be inflated to a recommended maximum pressure of 15psi, which makes it quite rigid. The Solstice Bali Stand-Up Paddleboard (10-Feet 8-Inch) is currently available at a discounted price of $469.99.
- Inflatable high-pressure board with a sleek and fast design.
- Easy to carry.
- Extremely rigid and strong, just like a solid board when fully inflated.
- Comes fitted with four stainless steel tie downs for securing gear.
- Manufactured using 1000 Denier 3 ply PVC reinforced fabric.
- Large EVA non-slip traction on top for a proper grip.
- Tri-Fin design for high performance.
- It is a bit tough to inflate the Solstice Bali Stand-Up Paddleboard with the pump provided in the kit. You can opt for an electric pump to inflate this board, which makes it easier, rather than using the supplied air pump.
This inflatable SUP board is quite appropriate for beginners as it is currently available at a discount of forty-five percent. Since it is available for under five hundred dollars, you can opt for the Solstice as your first board to learn the tricks of SUP boarding.
The current package deal includes a board, pump, and a three-piece adjustable aluminum paddle. Even though this board is also inflatable, it performs like a solid board providing stability and performance. The main difference between the Tower Paddle Boards Adventurer Inflatable and other inflatable boards is that the latter comes 4” in thickness, while the former is at least 6” thick to accommodate an adult for a comfortable ride. As per the manufacturer of this product, this board is four times more rigid as compared to ordinary inflatable boards with twice the weight capacity. This board can be easily used by tandem riders as well as beginners. The Tower Paddle Boards Adventurer Inflatable 9’10” SUP Package is currently available at a discounted price of $699.99.
- Extremely rigid once inflated, while offering a maximum weight bearing capacity of 350 lbs.
- High durability as it is manufactured using military grade PVC material and drop stitch construction.
- Highly portable with deflated dimensions, one foot in diameter, and 33 inches wide when rolled up.
- Comes with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Some of the reviewers who bought this package have some complaints about the pump supplied with this board.
The extra thickness of this SUP board makes a lot of difference, as it is quite stable and keeps the rider at a much higher level as compared to a simple inflatable board. At the current discount of forty-two percent, this board is suitable for all ages and skill levels.
This board has an original SUP Polyethylene outer shell, which provides an ultra-durable skin with reduced impact damage as compared to other inflatable boards. The inner core of this board is made up of a watertight Polyurethane foam. The BIC Sport DURA-TEC Original SUP board comes with a fully integrated FCS Fin Box. The deck pad is manufactured using a crocodile skin covering made up of PVC for maximum comfort for entry level users.
This board has an Ergo-Grip handle with a re-curved inner surface for easier handling. A single fin set-up is provided with this board which is the Dolphin 10”. This board has a maximum weight bearing capacity of 135 lbs when fully inflated. The BIC Sport DURA-TEC Original SUP board is currently available at a price of $749.95.
- Perfect combination of thickness and a classic longboard design to provide ease when pedaling, including durability and affordability.
- BIC Sport DURA-TEC Polyethylene construction for maximum strength.
- Integrated deck pad for comfort.
- Fitted with a 10” Dolphin fin, integrated leash plug, and deck rigging anchors.
- Some of the people who reviewed this SUP board feel that it is a little bit heavier when compared to other products in the same category.
The BIC Sport DURA-TEC Original SUP is designed for lightweight riders. Even with its small size, it is quite stable and easy to use. This board is perfect for beginners who want to buy a classic solid SUP board with a price range of more than $500.
All of the SUP boards discussed above are products from reputed companies with thousands of satisfied customers from all over the world. You can select any of the top-selling models from these companies as per your requirements. If you want to buy a solid SUP board for flat water and small wave’s, then the BIC Sport DURA-TEC Original SUP is the best choice even though it is a bit expensive.
While opting for an inflatable SUP board, the Tower Paddle Boards Adventurer Inflatable 9’10” SUP Package is the best choice as it is currently available at a huge discount. The best feature of this board is that it is four times more rigid as compared to ordinary inflatable boards, while offering twice the weight capacity.